Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wiggly Worms

Have you seen our worm farm?

For animals so small they sure do eat alot!

On the menu today......from the kitchen...
green lettuce leaves... I have to tear it all up for them.



Look at them all, healthy looking creatures.




The worms give me fertiliser for my vegetable patch.
Sometimes I get buckets and buckets.




The worms have to share the kitchen scraps with the chooks, sometimes there is barely enough to go around.
Because I never leave much on my dinner plate!

I have 5 new chooks, 4 Silver Laced Wyandottes and one Gold Laced.
Four of them look alike so it was very hard to name them.
So we have called them Silky 1, Silky 2, Silky 3, Silky 4 and Rose, she is the gold laced one.



We are not getting any eggs because all the old chooks are loosing their feathers and the young ones have not started laying yet.

It will be springtime before the egg supply really picks up again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...