Sunday, July 29, 2012

Due Date....Any Day!

Winter is halfway over .....thank goodness.
The chilblains on my toes are really sore!

It seems that no matter what the weather there is always something to do on the farm.

The heifers are due to start calving any time now. 

Dad and I finished giving them their needles yesterday. 



It was very cold. I am sure it was snowing somewhere!

I was Dad's right hand man yesterday...my job to close the gates behind the girls as they walked up to get their needles.



All done, time to put them back in the paddock and wait.
Any day now the baby calves could arrive.



We will check on the heifers everyday just in case someone gets into trouble.

Some special visitors to the farm today. We hosted the local trail ride.
Thirteen beautiful horses came to the farm and went for a ride through the paddocks.
I even got to go for a little ride on two of them.



I so wish I had a horse, then I could ride along with them!

1 comment:

  1. Willow thinks you should get a horse for the farm as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...